Sunday 7 September 2014

Rescue exercise at the virtual coast guards...

If I like to enjoy life, have fun, play naughty games, I also have a side of me much more serious ! So there a few months, I decided to dedicate some of my time to help others and specifically sailors or pilots in distress and I joined the Virtual Coast Guards (VCG) patrol based at Sletta - Second Norway.

The sea is an extraordinary field but you have to respect it and never overestimate your limits when navigating. Sometimes, even being very careful, the weather can lead to tragedies that could have serious consequences for those caught up in the turmoil.
 
The Coast Guard, in addition to monitoring of such areas are also present to assist if necessary. This assumes to be fully trained to know all the flight procedures, communication and rescue procedures...
  
Your servant, helicopter pilot recently promoted Ensign, attending a meeting at the Virtual Coast Guards...

So, yesterday, a rescue exercise had been held a few miles from the base of VCG located in Sletta - Second Norway. Huge resources have been deployed ; 3 helicopters, inflatable fast intervention boat, rescue divers, medical staff, and a command ship.
We were under the orders of the instructor and training officer Kuri which I salute and for whom I wanted to pay tribute to his dedication, his sympathy and his qualities of leadership...

I also salute all members of VCG for their investment and their dedication to serving people in distress...

Ready to take off !

Huge ressources have been deployed...

No comments:

Post a Comment